Comprehensive Dentistry Ensures Your Families Healthy Smiles and Bodies
Safeguarding our families health is always one of our top priorities. Did you know there is something called the oral-systemic link that has a powerful impact on the health of yourself and your family? The oral-systemic link is the relationship between oral health and the health of the rest of the body.
At Soams Dental, we are committed to preventing and reducing the risk of oral disease because we know it can drastically improve your overall health and well-being!
Comprehensive dentistry focuses on how the health and beauty of your smile can be protected and enhanced with planned and consistent dental treatment.
Why Comprehensive Dental Care is so Important!
Research shows that a person’s oral health directly impacts their overall health. It’s one of the main reason why dentistry had been called the first line of defense in protecting your whole-body health.
Comprehensive dentistry is your first line of defense for protecting your whole body health.
Everything inside your mouth is systemically connected to the rest of your body. Many recent studies show a direct connection between poor oral health and several devastating health conditions, including:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Respiratory disease
- Pregnancy complications
Early detection is important because it offers the best chance for prevention and treatment of disease. Dr. Gerfen and her team can be an invaluable asset for detecting potential problems that begin in the mouth.
By scheduling a check-up with our team, we will alert you to problems before they have time to spread further. Here are some warning signs you should watch for:
- Bleeding gums: this is not normal and is not caused by proper tooth brushing.
- Swollen gums: infected dental tissues swell just as they would in other parts of the body.
- Signs of infection: the presence of pus along the gumline signals significant disease. Please don’t ignore it!
- Shifting teeth: teeth should be rooted solidly. Movement or leaning of the teeth indicates their root system has been compromised.
- Chronic bad breath: can signal the presence harmful bacteria buildup that needs immediate professional attention.
- A family history of periodontal disease: Be pro-active and stop any infection from starting.
Download our informative and FREE infographic. We created to help our patients prevent dental problems before they arise.
Your Families Health Matters to Us
We offer comprehensive dentistry services by our Danbury dentist for the whole family. These will keep your smile in its best condition from the very beginning, from our thorough hygiene exams to Invisalign.
How is your families oral health? Make an appointment today by calling us at (203) 743-1972 or contact us online, and we will be happy to help you get on the road to a healthier life!